… and will remain the same for the next 7.
This is what I have for breakfast these days. AKT4, a kit of 4 tablets that need to be consumed empty stomach. Well, that is the only way to have it unlike what Sanjay says here and you can’t skip a single dosage!!
Yup, it is painful. The very thought of having these makes you want to sleep a little more and then a little more. But then that is the only cure. Yes, DOT [directly observed treatment] is there, but both the experts I consulted were of the opinion that I should have AKT4, so here I am.
‘cos it’s such a pain, I find myself playing with the tablets and making funny combinations of which one to have with which each day and making symbols like this one.
As in this blog I try and capture my memories of the days that I am living, I wanted to capture this event as well.
Oh! but why the heck am I having this stuff and why have I been at home for the longest time (well, not actually, but then that is another story that we will come to in some other post)? ‘cos I am suffering from TB. Many have asked me “how did you get it?” all that I could truthfully tell them was – “If I knew, I wouldn’t have got it :D”. Here is what the doctors diagnosed –
- Due to very quick change of temperatures, like walking in/out of an air-conditioned environment to a non air-conditioned one
- … and how could they have missed my Smoking
- As I was swimming those days, could also have been from the change of the water temperature (no daksh, it wasn’t what you were thinking :P)
So after nearly a month of medical intervention, I have experienced a lot of –
- loss of taste (can’t taste salt in some items)
- discoloration of urine, it turned orange (got scared and got a LFT done, as it is well known that TB medicines affect the liver)
- marching ants on torso and other parts of the body, extreme itching and allergy
These medicines are known to make you sleepy, but the anti allergic tablets just take the cake. They make you sleep wherever (and that is not uncommon for me :D)
In the last month I have lost all the bloody stamina I gained with a couple or was it 3 months of swimming. Can’t think of sitting in a chair and not falling off to sleep!
I am looking out for a driver ‘cos driving for over 20Kms is a stress that I wish to avoid + so has been suggested 🙂
The tiredness is reducing day-by-day and soon I hope to be back in action.