… some interesting facts?
- A zebra is white with black stripes.
- All planets in our solar system rotate anticlockwise, except Venus. It is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- Hummingbirds can also fly backwards.
- Insects do not make sound with their voice. The buzz of bees, mosquitoes and other insects is caused by rapidly moving their wings.
- The cockroach is the fastest insect on 6 legs covering a meter a second.
- The word listen contains the same letters as the word ‘silent’.
- A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.
- ‘Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia’ is the fear of long words.
- ‘Didaskaleinophobia’ is the fear of going to school.
- ‘Phobatrivaphobia’ is a fear of trivia about phobias!
- It is impossible to lick your elbow. (I know you’re going to try this one!!!)
- The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.
- “Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
- 24 carat gold is not pure since there is a small amount of copper in it. Absolutely pure gold is so soft that it can be moulded with the hands.
- Electricity doesn’t move through a wire but through a field around the wire.
- 55% of people yawn within 5 minutes of seeing someone else yawn. Reading about yawning makes most people yawn. Hello, zzzzz?